|Position:||.||Senior Procurement Specialist|
|Reports to:||.||GM / Director, Global Procurement & Supply|
|Work location:||.||Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, or other major metro in India|
Axis Group International provides market access solutions for clients that compete in complex international markets. Our deep capabilities, expertise and commitment translate into business performance and profitability.
Axis Group Global Procurement & Supply delivers comprehensive solutions that drive down cost, assure quality, expedite schedules, mitigate risk, and ensure ESG compliance. Our solutions are truly integrated and span the entire international value chain from source to final supply – including analytics, sourcing, procurement, supplier performance management, quality management, and logistics.
For over 20 years, we have helped our clients achieve business performance and profitability, through our experience, global reach, integrated solutions, multi-disciplinary capabilities, and ethos of excellence.
Axis Group is part of DP World, a global leader in ports, logistics, economic zones, and marine services. For more details about DP World, please visit www.dpworld.com
The Senior Procurement Specialist will be focused on the overall sourcing and procurement activities in Axis Group’s global procurement and supply operations. Responsibilities include but is not limited to supplier identification, evaluation and selection, contract negotiation, supplier relationship management, and overall supply market research and analysis. The position requires a strategic procurement mindset as well as ability to work with a multi-cultural global team.
- Conduct market research to identify potential suppliers, vendors, and partners for specific categories/products
- Quotation collection and summary
- Supplier evaluation (including RFx) and selection (from both commercial and technical points of view)
- Negotiating contracts with suppliers and vendors
- Plant visits and audits
- Expediting and on-going transaction support (including QA/QC)
- Establish and maintain good relationships with suppliers and vendors
- Monitor the performance of suppliers and vendors
- Ensure that all procurement activities are in compliance with organizational policies and procedures
- Preparation of internal and external project updates/reports (when required) and ensure relevant parties are informed of overall project status
- Other analysis/activities where applicable (export/import data collection, supply market research, industry insights, supplier due diligence, amongst others)
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement / Supply Chain / Business Management or related disciplines
- MBA or post-graduate is preferred
- Strong global sourcing and procurement background (mining, heavy industry, metallurgical, chemical, multinational working experience, etc.)
- Professional procurement experience of 5-years (minimum) including some years in global procurement management
- Overseas working experience is preferred; and interest to further develop an international career
- Procurement (or manufacturing) project management knowledge and skills are essential
- Good research and analytical capability
- Ability to organize and present facts and arguments in a persuasive and convincing manner
- Good communication skills with multi-culture offices and team work ethic
- Proficient in the use of computers and commonly used business software
- Excellent English, both written and spoken
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
If you are interested in joining a dynamic, multi-cultural environment where you can make a difference by sharing your skills, experience and commitment to excellence, please send your CV to email@example.com.