Presentation by Kobus van der Wath, Founder & CEO, Axis Group International and Rachel Wu, MD: Asia / Head: Global Procurement & Supply, Axis Group International for Perth Roundtable Event.
Axis Group International held a Roundtable Discussion on ‘Global Procurement & Supply in the Resource Sector During Times of Uncertainty’ on 21 September 2021 in Perth.
Global developments have elevated procurement and supply chain as key value drivers. But exposure to low-cost / high-risk supply markets can be devastating, while low-risk / high-cost supply chains are not an option either.
At the event, strategic issues and practical choices for procurement and supply leaders were discussed and the following topics were explored:
- Global Supply Chains and a New World of Risk
- Global sourcing best practice during times of uncertainty
- Balancing risk & cost in global sourcing
- China’s changing role in global supply chains
- New and emerging supply markets and clusters
- Categories, products & packages for global sourcing
- ESG Compliance and risk of modern slavery in international supply chains
- Managing quality, QA/QC, inspections, expediting and international project logistics
- Managing increased risk & cost in shipping and logistics
Click here to download a copy of the presentation.