Western Australia Mining Club May 2021 Luncheon
Date: 20 May 2021
Time: 12:00 – 14:00 AWST
Venue: River Room 1&2, Optus Stadium, Burswood, Perth, Australia
Proudly sponsored by Axis Group International
The Western Australia Mining Club (WAMC), a Perth-based social organization formed in 1972, brings together people in the mining industry and discusses industry issues and trends through a monthly luncheon.
The luncheon on 20 May 2021 will discuss Sustainability and Climate Change.
Sustainability and Climate Change is about managing risks, reducing the adverse environmental, social, economic and cultural impacts, and supporting and sustaining the communities and environments in which one operates.
It is also about working with communities of interest to address legacy issues, such as orphaned and abandoned mines.
So how are these things being done? How is the mining industry contributing to global initiatives to promote the production, use and recycling of metals and minerals in a safe and environmentally responsible manner? How are they practicing continuous improvement through the application of new technology, innovation and best practices in all facets of operations? How are risks being managed and opportunities being maximised?
The panel with the following industry experts will discuss how to work through the alignments and values shared by the mining industry:
- Michael William – Senior Sustainability Advisor at Bellevue Gold (Moderator)
- John O’Brien – Partner, Energy Transition & Decarbonisation at Deloitte
- Richard Beazley – Director at Hydrogen Energy
- Alison Terry – Director, Sustainability and Corporate Affairs and Joint Company Secretary at Fortescue Metals Group
- Chris McCombe – General Manager, Sustainability at Minerals Council of Australia
For more information, please visit the event website.